Try this amazing Sooji/Semolina Halwa (Semolina Dessert). This is the easiest dessert I have known of (apart from Mug Cake lol) It takes less than 30 minutes to get it done. There is even an idiom here about Halwa which means “Piece of Cake”, it is because Halwa is cooked so easily even a kid can cook Halwa lol.
The recipe and picture is taken from Fatima Food Diaries. Please do pay her a visit, she is an amazing Chef.
- 2 Cups of Sooji (Semolina)
- 1-2 Cups Sugar or as required
- 9-10 Tablespoon Ghee (You can also use butter)
- 1/2 kg or 4 Cups of Water or Milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Rose Water
- 6-8 Green Cardamon
- A full pinch of Saffron, you can dissolve it in water or milk (approximately 2 tsp)
- Almond for garnishing
- Pistachio for garnishing
- Coconut for garnishing
- Raisins for Garnishing.
- Silver Vark (Silver Foil)
Note :- Measuring Cup is measured as 1Cup = 250 ML approximately.
- Heat a pan or a karhae and start roasting the Sooji (Semolina) in it.
- Roast Sooji/Semolina for about few minutes (Almost 10-11 minutes) on low flame. Also, keep stirring the Sooji from time to time.
- Take another pan and add some water and sugar. We need to dissolve the sugar.
- In a Karhae or a pan add some Ghee and wait till it melts completely.
- Add the Roasted Sooji in the Ghee’s Pan/Karhae
- Mix it well.
- Add the Cardamon in ith e mixture and mix it again.
- You can also add Cashew nuts or Walnuts in it and roast them on low flame for few minutes.
- Now, add the Dissolves Sugar mixture in the Ghee and Sojji pan slowly and carefully.
- Keep on stirring the mixture because we don’t want to get lumps in our Sooji’s Halwa lol.
- Now, add the dissolved Saffron in it.
- Stir the Halwa till it becomes perfect. It will take about 3-5 more minutes to cook completely
- Serve the Sooji/Semolina Halwa while hot.
- Also, use Pistachio, Almonds, Coconut and Silver Vark for garnishing.
I hope you have liked this recipe, let’s hope you are going to try it.
Feel free to give your feedback.
Question: Will you be trying Sooji/Semolina Halwa?
Have a nice day,